The effects of Stress
Stress is an epidemic. Research reveals that the major cause of most type of illnesses is stress related. When we are stressed, we breathe shallow and our bodies release the stress hormone adrenalin. Adrenalin is the fright and flight hormone which keeps our bodies on constant alert for danger. The physiological effects of adrenalin are as follows:
- Blood constriction to all internal organs that keep the body from functioning at optimum levels.
- Lack of oxygen and blood causes buildup of CO2 in the organs and tissue.
- Impaired ability to transport waste materials from the cells to the lymph nodes for elimination.
- Cells are surrounded by there own waste products which leads to impaired functioning.
- Build up of CO2 leads production of lactic acid which gets stored in the tissue and muscles.
- Lactic acid in the muscles causes micro tears in the striated fibre, which over time can cause sore and achy muscles, painful nodules and eventually can cause tissue damage.
- An acidic body is susceptible to infection.
- The constant release of adrenalin, wreaks havoc in the endocrine system, leading to high levels of toxicity in the body.
- The brain is constantly over stimulated and active, so when one actually has time to relax, one cannot, which can lead to insomnia.
- Over stimulating the nervous system.
nerves are constantly firing the muscles for action which causes huge
tension both Psychologically and Physically leading to extreme fatigue
- Impairing the ability to concentrate and make conscious decisions.
The list can carry on and on.
Why should a company invest in a stress release module for their employees?
The fact is, that stress and the resulting illnesses, is
costing every company a lot of money. How much paid sick leave does the average
person take a year? How many employees does your company have? Do you think
that your employees are working as efficiently as they could with the amount of stress levels they have to deal with.
Harmonic touch offers a well developed stress release treatment in the office which can range between 10-20 minutes. We work with the client fully clothed on the biggest problem areas, namely head, neck shoulders and back. It is catered for individual needs and the effects are noticeably relaxing. We focus on stress release points and stretching and opening muscles. A weekly treatment will keep the effects of stress at bay in the muscular and nervous system. Extremer cases will need more focus.
Show your employees that you care about their welfare, and in doing so; they will in turn look after you. Create a more harmonious, creative, relaxed and focused working environment and you will get better results.